Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic or Aimpoint PRO is a scope especially made with police officers and tactical shooters in mind. It promises to have great technology that is great for the taking out to the field. Check out the specifications and quick user review to know if the Aimpoint Pro is worth all the buzz.
- Hard-anodized matte black 30mm housing
- Aluminium body
- Recessed front class that is multi-coated
- Special band-pass coating on the front lens
- 1X magnification
- Water resistant up to 150 feet
- Works well in temperatures from -50 to 160 degrees Fahrenheit
- 30,000 hour battery life
The Aimpoint Pro has the 1x magnification, similar to all Aimpoint Scopes optics. This allows the use of both eyes open and full peripheral vision, which is important for quicker acquisition of the target. The threaded front lens, transparent rear lens cap, unlimited eye relief and 2-minute-of-angle red dot are very useful features to police officers and expert marksmen.
The Aimpoint Pro is great for fast target acquisition because of its structure. It also has good adaptability. It can be mounted on the SIG 516 and can be used with most shotguns by simply removing the spacer under the mount. The Aimpoint Pro works with other magnifiers such as Lucid 2-5X and Samson 30mm, which is great for variety’s sake.
In terms of wear and tear, the Aimpoint Pro passed the “torture tests” that were ran in this review. Some parts of the test appeared silly but they had to be done to check if the Aimpoint Pro would survive.
First and as expected, it was used in various training drills of slow aimed shots and fast action shots to test accuracy and the use of lenses. At the same time, it was subjected to switching between magnifiers. The Aimpoint Pro was also put in the backseat of a car driven during a hot day and put in a freezer to test the temperature claims. Finally, it was dunked in a bucket of water to check for water resistance.
What was the result?
The optics, the housing and the general built did not falter. Of course, the beating would not be comparable to real life combat action, but given that the Aimpoint Pro remained unscratched and in mint condition, it was enough to impress.
In addition, the long battery life works wonders, too. No one can attest to the 30,000 or approximately 3 years of hour battery life yet but it is a good feature in itself.
There are not much points for improvement for the Aimpoint Pro. The only thing that could possibly be further developed is the magnification for long-range and pinpoint accuracy to enable police officers to take shots that are more precise without having to put on attachments.
All in all, the Aimpoint Pro delivers fast-action optic, durability and long battery life. The best part? Because it was made for police officers, the Aimpoint pro has all the expert engineering with a price that is reasonably fit for the law enforcement budget.
The fame of Ruger 10 22 stocks came to a point that many users had wanted to make their gun different from others. Because of this, many gunsmiths and gun manufacturers have spent a lot of time developing configurations for Ruger 10 22 stocks. As of last year, there have been six basic Ruger 10 22 models which come with a lot of variations and features different from each model.
- 10/22 Carbine comes with an 18.5″ barrel bound with hardwood body. It also comes with a stainless steel receiver and fitting for LaserMax scope.
- 10/22 Takedown released on March 2012, the 10/22 takedown is the latest addition to the line of Ruger 10 22 stocks. It features easy assembly and disassembly with only a few tools to use. It is shipped in a sleek backpack that houses all needed components for assembly.
- 10/22 Target designed for mainly for target shooting, this is the heaviest of all Ruger 10 22 stocks in the market. What makes it heavier is its 20″, high precision barrel.
- 10/22 Compact it is sleek and smaller and comes with a 16″ barrel only.
- 10/22 Sporter it comes with a 19′ barrel and black walnut stock.
- 10/22 Tactical This is the only stock of all Ruger 10 22 stocks that comes with a flash suppressor that perfectly conceals your location after firing. It also comes with a fitting for a bipod and a 16″ barrel.